A high-quality Bluetooth speaker is one of the best devices for enjoying your favourite music. They are relatively small, can be turned up loud and offer sound quality that is far superior to a phone or computer; they also make the best portable speakers as they are wireless and battery powered so you can take them with you wherever – whether it’s relaxing at home listening to some tunes after work or partying on a summer holiday.
What type of speaker fits in what environment will depend largely on factors such as price, weight/size, volume control, etc. No matter your requirements, you can be assured there’s a speaker out there that’s perfect for you!
JBL Flip 5
The JBL Flip 5 is one of the best compact Bluetooth speakers currently available.
The Flip 5’s sound quality and performance make it well worth the money, especially if this is your first portable Bluetooth speaker or you want to listen to music outside.
The Flip 5 does not have as many functions as the Flip 4 and is not backwards compatible with prior JBL speakers. Long-term clients have found these modifications to be inconvenient.
The Flip 5 now has a faster charging time because to the new USB-C charging interface, which puts it ahead of the competition in terms of performance.
RELATED: JBL Flip 5 Review
One of the most feature-rich speakers on the market is the Sonos Move.
This speaker is a fantastic addition for current Sonos product owners who want to continue growing their Sonos speaker system. It offers mobility to the collection that has never been available before. To provide multi-room playback, the Sonos Move can effortlessly connect to another Sonos speaker.
There are better alternatives on the market for a portable speaker to travel with than the Sonos Move. The Sonos Move is large in size and pricy for a small Bluetooth speaker.
The Sonos Move speaker boasts an ip56 certification for dust, water immersion, and accidental drops, which is unrivaled by competitors like the Bose Portable Smart Speaker.
The software makeup is one of the key features of the Sonos Move’s design that sets it apart from its competitors.
Not only does the speaker’s Wi-Fi connections enable Alexa and Google Assistant, but it also allows Sonos to improve the speaker over time with software upgrades without needing a separate purchase. In comparison to most Bluetooth speakers, which become obsolete after 1 or 2 years owing to technical developments, this innovation extends the Move’s lifespan to 6 or 7 years.
RELATED: Sonos Move Review
JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth Speaker
The JBL Xtreme 2 is an immersive Bluetooth speaker with a carry strap, so you can take it anywhere. The built-in noise and echo cancelling speakerphone makes it perfect for phone calls too. With its rechargeable battery that lasts up to 15 hours and dual USB charging port, the party never has to stop! It takes 3.5 hours to fully charge this portable bluetooth speakers which are waterproof (ipx7) thanks in part because of their durable design
Bose Soundlink Revolve 2
Many people have heard of the successful and iconic brand Bose, but they are probably more familiar with their home speakers than portable Bluetooth devices. However, this is changing thanks to a new product called Soundlink Revolve that has been on sale for about four years now.
When it comes to portability versus quality audio performance there’s finally an option out there which not only does justice in both aspects but also looks great while doing so! The company spent over four years developing this model who definitely got things right the second time around; we highly recommend going with this speaker if you’re looking for something that balances high-quality sound output as well as being easy enough to take anywhere without losing any clarity or low end bass response even when at high volume.
RELATED: Bose Soundlink Revolve 2 Review
JBL Charge 4 Review
The Charge 4 JBL Charge is a great option for users looking to spend less than $200 on their bluetooth speaker. It has an impressive sound quality and notable features like an Aux input jack, USB output, IPX-rated waterproof rating that allows the speaker to withstand water from any direction up to one meter deep. Thanks in large part due its huge 7500mAh battery which can last for 20 hours without needing charging!
RELATED: JBL Charge 4 Review
Bluetooth Speaker Comparison Table
|Brand + Model||Power||Bluetooth||WiFi||360° Sound||Water Resistance Rating||Battery Powered||Battery size||Max Playtime||USB Charge Out||App||Weight||Speakerphone||Voice Assistant||Audio inputs (aux, USB, micro USB)|
|Anker Soundcore Flare 2||20 watts||Yes||No||Yes||IPX7||Yes||5200mAh||12 Hours||No||Yes||0.59kg||Yes||Yes||None|
|Bose Portable Smart Speaker||17 watts||Yes||Yes||Yes||IPX4||Yes||–||12 Hours||No||Yes||1.06kg||Yes||Yes||None|
|JBL Flip 5||20 watts||Yes||No||No||IPX7||Yes||4800mAh||12 Hours||No||Yes||0.50kg||No||No||None|
|Sonos Move||36 watts||Yes||Yes||No||IP56||Yes||2500mAh||11 Hours||No||Yes||3kg||No||Yes||None|
|UE Boom 3||12 watts||Yes||No||Yes||IP67||Yes||–||15 Hours||No||Yes||0.61kg||No||No||None|
|UE Wonderboom 2||Not available (but V1 was 17 Watts)||Yes||No||Yes||IP67||Yes||–||13 Hours||No||No||0.43kg||No||No||None|
Bluetooth speakers are a great, convenient way to enjoy the music you love and share it with friends. With so many options to choose from, how do you find the one that is right for you? This buying guide will help you navigate your choices and find just what you’re looking for!
Bluetooth speakers are available in a wide range of prices, shapes and sizes.
On the lower end of the spectrum you’ll find portable bluetooth speakers that can be clipped onto your shirt or hung from your backpack. These smaller devices make it easy to share music with others at home, outdoors or on trips without having to haul around heavy equipment all day!
Midrange models offer larger sound but still come with portability features like clip-on straps for carrying small wireless speakers while walking, biking, running or working out.
And some high-end options boast huge drivers that crank out room filling audio alongside cutting edge design elements such as elegant wood veneer finishes and 360 degree speaker orientation so they’re perfect for enhancing any space whether large indoor spaces or park or beach environments.
Bluetooth speakers are one of the best ways to share your music with others without having to carry around heavy equipment all day! These portable devices offer a long-lasting battery life, easy Bluetooth syncing and come in different sizes for any occasion or need.
Here are the key things to keep in mind when choosing a bluetooth speaker:
- Sound quality – One of the most important things to consider when purchasing a bluetooth speaker is sound quality. Bluetooth speakers typically have smaller drivers than standard home or theater stereo systems with an overall weaker low-frequency response, so if you’re looking for booming bass that shakes your house then this is not the type of device for you!
- Durability – If it’s something that will get tons of use outdoors like at a beach party, campfire singalongs or in rugged outdoor spaces where dust and water are present, make sure the construction/materials are tough enough to stand up against those conditions. Durable construction with rubberized exterior and metal grills helps protect against bumps and drops without scratching its surface.
- Battery life – Battery life is crucial for any Bluetooth speaker that uses a rechargeable battery to power the device.
- Waterproof – you want a water-resistant or waterproof body covering all of your electronics, especially if it’s something like an outdoor bluetooth speaker where there is always the risk of coming into contact with moisture. Waterproof ratings are measured in IP ratings.
- Volume – you need to know how loud the speaker gets. This will help you determine whether or not your audience is going to be able to hear it well, especially if they’re outdoors.
- Bluetooth range – How far can the Bluetooth connection go? Is there a limit on channels? Keep in mind that when indoors some walls may affect this as well.
- Price – what are you willing and able spend before making a purchase? Read reviews of speakers within certain price ranges for an idea of which one best suits your needs at those prices. The price range on these devices can be wide depending on what features and size you need.
- Brand – the most well regarded brands are JBL, Bose, UE, and Sony.
- Special features – if you plan on using your speaker for more than just music (perhaps at the beach) it’s worth considering a waterproof model or one with built in speakers that are IPX certified.
- Connectivity – Bluetooth is by far the most common option but some devices also offer NFC pairing as an alternative to make connecting easier. You may want to consider this especially if you find yourself constantly having issues getting connections working over bluetooth.
- Extra Features- does your device light up? Is there a battery indicator? What about water resistance? Know what these options mean so that when shopping you can be sure of why they matter to you personally. Some models also include FM radio, voice control and even noise cancelling technology for those who like their peace and quiet.
- Aux input – some bluetooth speakers offer an aux input which is a great feature if you’re looking to charge your device but still want the option of listening to music on it wirelessly.
- Frequency range – whether you’re looking to listen to your music from personal devices or through a bluetooth speaker, it’s important to know the frequency range. A wide and stable range will ensure that sound is delivered properly for all types of listening needs.
- Number of drivers – the number of drivers in a speaker is important as it will determine how well they can recreate sound.
- WIFI – WIFI is less common on bluetooth speakers but if you’re looking for a speaker with the ability to connect wirelessly through WIFI, be sure to check that it’s compatible before purchasing.
- Bluetooth version – newer models of bluetooth speakers use Bluetooth Version four which is faster and more efficient than older versions. Older devices may not be able to take advantage of this new technology, so please make sure your device supports the newest version before buying.