The best computer speakers are the ones that offer a great sound quality with minimal distortion, without being too heavy to move around. Computer speakers come in all shapes and sizes, with a wide array of specs and features. In this article, we’ll provide you with an overview of the top products on the market and what features you should consider before buying your next set of computer speakers.
Best Overall: Logitech Z337 PC Speakers
The Logitech Z337 speaker set includes 2 speakers and a subwoofer, allowing you to enjoy clear, loud sound with the power of strong bass.
Featuring an intuitive control pod that has volume controls, onboard Bluetooth pairing for devices like laptops or tablets as well a 3.5mm audio input jack so it can be used alongside your computer too! The design is simple yet functional which makes setup easy in just minutes without needing any complicated wires; perfect if you’re someone who doesn’t want their living room looking cluttered with cables everywhere.
These Bluetooth speakers are a lot more versatile than you might think at first glance. Connecting your device via bluetooth is easy and straightforward, no matter what it may be – phone, computer or tablet. No longer will you have to deal with pesky cords that get in the way of everything!
Best Value: Logitech Z200 Stereo Speakers
These small and lightweight speakers are conveniently powered by USB. These high-quality, low cost speakers can be easily set up in any room or space with just one cord!
While there is no RCA connection, there are 2 x 3.5 mm mini-jack connections that should suit most users.
They’re also easy to move from one place to another because they have the ability for mobility due to their size.
They are a well-rounded set of speakers that offer great value.
Best Sound: Edifier R1280DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers
Give your living room a much-needed update with the Edifier R1280DB speakers. The classic wood panel design looks stylish and complements any décor while providing studio sound quality that will impress even those who are trained in audio engineering! Imagine having all of this without wires cluttering up your space?
If you’re looking for a set of speakers that offers easy connection options and convenient playback control, the Edifier R1280DB is an excellent option. This speaker system comes with all three types of connections: coaxial, optical, and analog. Along with its remote-control access to your music library from up to 30 feet away!
Connect to them via Bluetooth so no cumbersome cables get in the way, or crank it up manually using controls on one of these versatile speakers for complete control over volume, bass and treble levels – perfect for when you want some background music but don’t need obnoxiously loud sounds blasting from every corner. A great speaker set at an unbeatable price: what more could you ask for?!
Best for Gaming: Logitech Z506 Surround Sound Speakers
If you’re looking to play games on your computer, the best speakers are designed with that in mind! These surround sound speakers will provide rich and immersive audio – perfect for gaming or watching movies.
They offer a crisp, clear sound while still maintaining their depth when it comes to bass output without being overpowering like some other models can be. The set includes three front satellite drivers as well as two rear satellite drivers which give an even greater range of quality sounds from all around the room!
Whether they want something small and portable or big and booming, there is no better option than these high-quality speakers made specifically for gamers.
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Computer Speakers
The Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 is a 3 piece speaker system perfect for your desktop or laptop that offers superior sound quality to speakers built into computers and other devices.
It has two satellite speakers with the subwoofer acting as an amplifier, giving you crisp highs and deep lows without distortion at any volume level. Additionally, it supports Bluetooth so all of our music can be streamed wirelessly straight from our phone- just sync them up through blue tooth settings on either device!
These computer speakers are sure to be a welcome addition to any entertainment system. They have such deep lows and bass notes, you won’t want for the sound quality of your music or movies again! There is also an auxiliary jack that allows connectivity with different devices if necessary.
Audioengine A2+ Wireless Desktop Speakers
The Audioengine A2+ computer speakers are perfect for desktop or small room use. The compact size and full stereo sound make them ideal to place on a desk, table, nightstand or even in your bedroom.
With their easy Bluetooth connection capabilities you can wirelessly connect the system with any of your devices like personal computers and tablets.
The 2 speakers are set up to give a stereo experience and they’re ready to use straight out of the box. All input is always available, so no need for network setup or passwords. The all-inclusive system comes with everything you’ll ever need – just connect your device and enjoy great sound quality in seconds.
Razer Nommo 2.0 PC Gaming Speakers
The Razer Nommo 2.0 gaming speaker delivers powerful and immersive sound that allows for a full range of clarity with the drivers optimized to deliver such performance without distractions. This means you can get immersed in what’s happening on screen or put your dance moves down while listening to music, thanks also in part to rear-facing bass ports which offers richer bass output without needing help from a subwoofer, as well as having easy access dial right next door for tweaking it all according.
With the Razer Nommo 2.0, you can take your gaming to the next level and enjoy immersive sound that never gets distorted thanks to its automatic gain control feature.
It is also equipped with ambient lighting so it reacts in real time based on how loud or intense games are going; this gives users an even more personalized experience of their favorite game!
Not only does this speaker system have awesome sound quality perfect for multiplayer gameplay as well as cinematic movies, but they’re super easy-to-use too which makes them ideal for any party situation – whether hosting a LAN event at home or entertaining friends.
Computer Speaker Buying Guide
Here are the key things to keep in mind when choosing computer speakers:
– Frequency range: The frequency range is the span of audible frequencies reproduced by a loudspeaker, measured from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. It’s important for your computer speakers to have an adequate frequency response because it determines how much bass you’ll get out of them. Generally speaking, anything below 60Hz will be inaudible and not worth considering as they make up a lower percentage of music than higher spectrum ranges (and are generally more expensive). If the desired listening position is near or beyond this low end limit, then the right speaker design would be needed for optimum performance.
– Sensitivity rating: Sensitivity measures loudness at a given distance with specific input power levels – basically it helps determine if your audio system can handle will suit most people’s needs. They have an affordable price, good sound quality and they’re easy to use with some great features like bluetooth.
– Center channel: this is something that is used to produce sound for the center of a movie or TV show and is usually paired with speakers on either side (left and right). If you’re not sure what type of system you need, then it’s best too use your home theater receiver as they should have at least four channels (right left, center, subwoofer) available which will suit most needs – although if you want more power in all aspects than another option would be to buy a stereo speaker set.
– Subwoofers: these are designed specifically for handling low frequencies so make sure these aren’t overlooked when buying a new audio system. They can also provide some very impressive sound quality without costing a lot.
– Surround Sound: surround sound systems are usually made up of five different speakers – a front and left channel speaker, two surround sound speakers on the side walls (referred to as “sides”) and finally there’s a subwoofer.
– Stereo Sound: this is for those that want just general stereo sound quality with no extras like Dolby Surround or DTS processing so it can be good if you’re tight on cash but don’t need anything special.
– Connectivity: Computer speakers may be wired with a 3.5mm jack or connect wirelessly using bluetooth.
– Volume: the higher volume you want, the more power is needed so make sure your computer can handle it. Look for a wattage of at least 20w.
– Sound Quality: The sound quality may vary depending on what type of speakers are present in this particular setup so keep that in mind when purchasing. If multiple drivers or cones are used then it’s going to have better audio reproduction than if there was only one driver and cone.
– Price: It all depends on how much cash you’re willing to spend but also how you need your product to perform. Try to opt for a reliable brand.
– Bass and treble adjustment: this can be helpful depending on what type of speakers you have and how you intend to use them.
– Additional features: some sets come with a remote which can be convenient for controlling the sound levels while giving presentations or watching videos. Other models may include bluetooth so that it’s wireless and doesn’t need any cords to connect from your laptop to the computer speaker system.
– Home Theater Receivers/AV Receivers: these come in all shapes and sizes now including compact models which have been designed specifically for home theater setups.